Thursday, August 30, 2018

Driving All Day

If I'm a little over 5' tall, the corn is 10 feet!
Thursday, Aug. 30, 201

Today was a day for driving-- I don't even have any photos except one! Just as we left the campground this morning, I asked Joe to take my picture next to the corn. It looks much shorter from the highway, because of the embankment of the road. But we were right next to the cornfield, and elephant's eye height (or higher!) it certainly is!

Also before we left the campground, I checked my email for the football tickets for tomorrow--I bought them through Stub Hub and they were due to "arrive" in my email today. Sure enough, they were there. To make sure that they could be scanned from my phone, I called the MSU ticket office, but the guy there said that these are "print at home" tickets. He said if they could not be scanned off the phone, then they wouldn't be able to help us at the gate. So we realized we'd have to find a way to get them printed from my email, and we don't have a printer with us.

Luckily, email and internet have greatly evolved since our early RVing days. We decided that we could probably get our job done at Staples. So we checked our Next Exit book, and discovered that 9 miles down the I-80 in Peru, Illinois, at the exit there was both a Staples and a Walmart. So we first went to the Staples. In the parking lot, we set up the computer with our own wi-fi system, downloaded the tickets into the laptop, and then transferred them onto a thumb drive (I brought several with me.) Then we went into the Staples, found a copy machine, put the thumb drive into the machine, told it to copy the file with the tickets, and voila! For 22 cents, we had our printed tickets in our hand! We were just as pleased as punch.
Tonight's campground location

After that, we went to Walmart. Joe rested while I bought water (we were TOTALLY out), eggs, milk, and a couple of other items. When I got back to the RV, he made us some lunch. Then we drove 2 more miles to a Flying J where we filled up the gas tank. And finally, we hit the road for good. Joe still didn't feel great, so I drove all day-- through the rest of Illinois, the horrible south-of-Chicago traffic, and up into Michigan. We stopped once we crossed the border and I had some dinner. Then we looked about one hour's worth of driving down the road, and found a very nice county park in Kalamazoo County, which is where we are now. It would be a nice place to stay for a day--there's a lake, walking paths, etc. But tomorrow morning we will get up and finish the drive to East Lansing.

GAME DAY TOMORROW!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

wow!!!! that corn looks like it's climbing clear up to the sky!!!! (and you're not even in the correct state) :) Go GREEN!