Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Laundry Day

View from tonight's campsite
Wednesday, Aug. 22, 2018 [more photos to follow]

We woke up this morning after a pleasantly rainy and cool night, knowing it was time to leave. Two main reasons: we were out of water (both drinking and in the RV tank), and we were out of underwear. Time to do the laundry!

We drove out of Cascade Campground, immediately encountering a lovely cascading stream. This was Chalk Creek, which we bathed in briefly on Monday. As we continued driving, it was amazing how much more there was to see than there had been in the pitch black on Sunday night!

We headed for Buena Vista, as planned, to the Lost Sock Laundry. It was rather crowded (one lady asked me if I had ever SEEN it this crowded, and I told her I'd never been there before!) I ran 4 washes, but had to wait about 30 minutes before a dryer came free. All in all, it took until about 2pm for me to get everything washed and folded and back into the RV. Meanwhile, Joe walked Cassie and hung out, and dug up a couple of small desert plants for me to bring home.

At this point we were a bit stymied-- we had NO PLANS going forward! With the whole map of Colorado in front of me, I simply couldn't figure out where to go or what to do next. I honestly think the altitude is getting to me-- my brain doesn't have enough oxygen to think straight.One thing we knew, we needed water!

We finally decided to head to Hot Sulphur Springs, a town a couple of hours north, which has a hot springs resort with about 20 pools, or so the ads all say! It was basically just a "why not?" kind of decision, but we certainly DO like these hot springs all over the state! We stopped in Leadville at the grocery store to buy bottled water and a few grocery items, then continued toward Hot Sulphur Springs. Then I noticed on my more detailed maps that we were going very close to a reservoir with several National Forest campgrounds. So we decided to see if they had any room before we continued-- it was already after 6pm. I had to find one with water, however!
Tiny House camped here too

We were lucky-- the first campground we came to had some spaces open, and we were able to fill up the RV's fresh water tank before we docked into our site for the night. It is not as beautiful a campground as Cascade, but it is very nice and certainly okay for one night. The big plus is, it is quite near a town (Frisco) and the phone has 4 bars, so we can get wifi and get caught up on our mail and blogs. Of course, the photos are painfully slow in uploading as usual, so that part will have to wait. I do have a few from today, though, of a couple of very interesting vehicles parked in the campground with us tonight!
"Lil Bandit"

Tomorrow we hope to continue to Hot Sulphur Springs and soak in the hot springs there, and then... I have absolutely NO idea!!

1 comment:

Susan Taylor said...

I love the name of the Laundromat.