Tuesday, May 17, 2022

 Thursday-Friday, May 12-13, 2022

No photos for this blog, I'm afraid-- we spent our time driving, antiquing, and driving home. We left Tom, Kent, and Andy sometime in the late morning, after filling our tank with fresh water and rearranging the RV and Jeep so we were all hooked up again. Then we headed south-east toward Ravenna, OH to a large antique mall just at a ramp to I-76. We got a little bit lost, and ended up taking a scenic backroad tour of the edge of Ohio, arriving at the mall at about 2pm, I think. 

We had some lunch, and then I went in to see what I could find, while Joe and Cassie relaxed in the RV. Alas, despite the large size of the building, I had no luck whatsoever in finding anything memorable or desirable for my collection. It would be worth a return visit, because it WAS large. But there wasn't anything much of interest. 

From there, we got onto I-76 and drove due east, connecting with I-80 after an hour or so. The rest of the day was uneventful. In the late evening, we found a Walmart at about Exit 80 (almost 1/3 of the way across Pennsylvania) and parked far away from the store for the night. The entire stay was uneventful.

Friday morning, we continued on our way, with our "goal" being Tannersville, PA in the Poconos, the site of yet another supposedly large antique mall. On the way, we found a Flying J with a functioning RV dump and were able to empty our tanks after 5 nights (high time!) Other than that, we just drove, arriving in Tannersville at 3:30 pm. I had plenty of time to go through the antique center, which was only about 1/4 the size of the last place in Ohio. This one had a dealer with a LOT of Roseville, all of it priced as if it were made of solid gold. I went through the place slowly, but all I found that I truly coveted was a wonderful mid-century-modern lamp with a red mica shade and a red and white base. 

It was a bit before 5pm when I left the antiques, and we had already decided, it did not make sense to do anything but continue home from there. We were only about 90 minutes away, it was still early and light outside, and why not go home and have the entire weekend to get resettled? So that is what we did, pulling up in front of home at about 7:30 pm. And that was the finale of our "shakedown trip" this year. Not so much Roseville, but lots of family and friends. Less rushing around than usual, which was also good. And of course, new projects to fix on the RV before we go to Delaware in a month. 

And that was that for this time around.

No comments: