Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day

 

Our site tonight at "Desiderata", Boondockers Welcome

Sunday, May 8, 2022

Today was a transitional day. We left Buck Creek State Park at a little after noon, after sleeping late, having breakfast, enjoying a few Mother's Day phone calls, packing up, and then negotiating dumping our tanks and filling up the fresh water. We stopped 10 minutes later at Heart of Ohio Antiques, where I took Joey inside for the first time since last year. I wanted him to see the pedestal I was buying to hold a Roseville jardiniere that Aimee gave me for my birthday. He liked it, so we made an offer to the seller via the system used at the antique center (a manager had to call the dealer and relay our offer, which was about $50 less than the asking price.)

While we waited, I showed him some other really nice pieces of Roseville that I had liked, but in the end, I didn’t buy anything. Joe looked around briefly and left the building, and I waited a little longer before going to the desk. The dealer had okayed our offer, so I paid for the pedestal and a young man carried it out to the Jeep for me. Joe and I spent some time cushioning it and stablizing it for the ride home in the back of the Jeep. Then, it was about 2pm, and we had some late lunch.

By 3:00 we were ready to head for Delaware, Ohio, and tonight’s anchorage in the driveway of another Boondockers Welcome host. You can see from the photo it’s a nice little neighborhood. Our hosts came out to greet us-- the first time in 3 stays that we’ve gotten to meet the hosts! We spent a long time chatting and getting to know each other (Joey and I got a tour of their renovated shuttle bus, which they turned into a fully contained RV by themselves.) I also spent some time chatting with our hostess’s mother, who lives right next door. Her daughter lives across the street with HER children, so there are 4 generations living in the same cul-de-sac. I thought it sounded lovely!

Now Joe and I are just hanging out for the evening. I spoke to Gary, and we will go over there at noon tomorrow to visit and just hang out. Having a low-key no-agenda day sounds good to us!

No comments: