Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Today was a pretty low-key day all in all. We started out by going to the American Morgan Horse Museum, a small place which didn't open until 11:00 a.m., so we had a lazy morning before that. The museum was apparently more interesting to me than to Joe, who was in and out in about 30 minutes (maybe less.) I was there for about an hour, but I read a lot more than he does in museums! In any case, I don't think we learned that much more about Morgan horses than we had already at the breeding facility earlier in the week--but I did read a lot more about some of the most famous of Justin Morgan's offspring. We were finished at the museum by noon, however.

We drove from there to downtown Burlington so we could take a cruise on Lake Champlain. We found ourselves in what seemed to be a very cute small city, with a pedestrian mall in the center and two waterfront parks. It took us a bit of time to find a place to park Mo, but we finally managed to locate the large lot on the water which would accommodate us. We ate a quick lunch and then walked over to the pier where the Spirit of Ethan Allen III was waiting to take us on our cruise.

It wasn't as hot as it has been lately, but it was hot enough! We enjoyed ourselves--I'd say it was fun without being exciting. I took a few photos, but they are still in my camera and I'll have to upload them tomorrow, I guess (I hope!), because it's time to go to sleep now. Anyway, the cruise was over at 3:30, and we drove back to the campground. We both finished our books, and then I did the laundry before doing some more research on "where should we go next"??

After consulting the map, the guidebooks, the Internet, and RV.net, we have decided to head for Bar Harbor. I was unable to actually ascertain how full the Acadia National Park campgrounds really are, but it does sound as if at least one of them only accepts campers who are THERE on the spot when the sites open up--in other words, no advance reservations. So we will see how it goes when we get there. I think we may just be happier in a private campground in any case, since the lobster is NOT in the park, as best i can figure, and my husband will surely want to indulge in eating one of the local seamonsters (well, they look like seamonsters to ME--either that, or like giant insects.) So I am assuming I will somehow continue to blog.

I expect to take two days to get there, however, because we will not be driving particularly hard, and if we see something interesting on the road on the way, we will stop. But that is the plan--tomorrow, we head across New Hampshire toward Maine. While Joe looks forward to lobster, I have researched whale-watching trips. And that is what *I* am excited about!

No comments: